A 15 page e-book for education staff to build their knowledge and skills in working with children who have Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
This E-book contains information on SLCN, including:
- what it means
- red flags and profiles
- statistics and patterns
- implications for learning
- areas of need
- strategies for staff in school and preschool settings.
A useful tool to upskill staff, from Teaching Assistants new to the role through to more experienced Teachers looking to top up their knowledge and skills.
Do you have this problem?
You have a child in your class who is a low attainer. There is ‘something’ about them that you are struggling to work out. They might:
- Have poor attention skills
- Rely on routines and copying others
- Have difficulties following instructions
- Lack awareness of what is going on around them
- Know and use fewer words
- Talk (and write) in shorter sentences
- Show frustration and challenging behaviour
- Have immature social skills
- Behave or sound like a younger child
- Struggle to listen well
- Be ‘Struggling Academically’
This E-book gives you information on the types of SLCN children can have, focusing on 7 different areas:
- Attention & Listening
- Expressive Language & Vocabulary
- Speech Sounds
- Play & Social Skills
- Fluency (stammering)
BONUS FEATURE: includes my top 5 strategies for adults to support each of the above areas, that’s 35 strategies in total! A perfect addition to CPD or personal development plans.
Once you’ve downloaded the E-book, you can print and use it as many times as you like, including uploading it to the shared resources in your school.
**Now available as a BONUS MATERIAL in the online course SLCN: Speech, Language and Communication Needs**